Monday, May 27, 2013

Higher Things, Christ Academy and National Youth Gathering

I will be at and speaking at two Higher Things events, the one in West Lafayette, IN and the other in Tocoma, WI.  This is my description of my lecture:

Angels and Demons, the Christian struggle and temptation

In a secular-thinking world, what should you make of the spiritual world of angels and demons? How does this impact your life as a Christian? After calling the disciples, the first thing our Lord does in Mark’s Gospel is an exorcism! And each day we pray, "Deliver us from (the) evil (one)." We will hear about angels and demons—and about how interpret this spiritual world as Christians.



For those who have heard my lecture before, it will partly be the same but also different.  I may address the wider metaphysical world such as if Lutherans should believe in the existence of ghosts and will hopefully give time for questions if at all possible.  I will definitely be available outside of the lectures for conversation.

I will also be at the National Youth Gathering as well.  So look me up if you are going to one of these events.  It would be great to see you. Not that I am trying to advertise, but I have done Bible studies in this area for small group devotions for youth groups at the gatherings.  Since I am not a professor (though I have taught college courses and the like), it is good for me to hear questions and feed back on this subject.

I will also be teaching on this subject at this summer's Christ Academy!  If you are eligible, it's not too late to sign up!!!

Peace in Christ,
-Curate

No comments:

Post a Comment